New customer interface and features ensure more efficient processes
Cupertino, November 19, 2018 – Rigid structures are a thing of the past. Today, OTRS Group, a leading provider of solutions for process and communication management, brings its new release, OTRS 7, to market. The latest version of the service management suite is fully in line with digital transformation concepts and helps companies make their processes and workflows more efficient. The version offers an optimized modern customer interface and many new functionalities.
Automation means fewer mistakes and more time for essential tasks
According to a recent study, more than a third of all employees need an average of one hour per day to view and sort emails. In addition, due the amount of email received, 28 percent said that they are forced to push back other tasks or sometimes simply forget about other tasks as they manage their email. It is therefore becoming increasingly important to automate processes to relieve employees and give them time to focus on their core tasks. The new features of OTRS 7 help the user work more accurately and, at the same time, faster:
- Automating recurring activities enables fully-automated execution of scripts, such as sending emails or moving an order through a process.
- Corporate branding used in processes: With just a few clicks, automated emails can be created using the desired corporate design.
- Automatic transfer of ticket information ensures that users can avoid copying and pasting when creating new tickets or articles, thus avoiding a possible source of error.
- Ticket update with CI (configuration item) data: Access to the CMDB (configuration management database) is done automatically to link CIs or to supplement the process ticket with CI data.
With OTRS 7, employees can find what they are looking for faster
The study also shows that 82 percent of employees use half an hour of their working time just to search for the information they need to complete their tasks. OTRS 7 helps users find information faster. This gives companies the opportunity to act in an agile manner – even if they are subject to constant change.
- The new dynamic search feature enables fast, intelligent and dynamic search for content (tickets, presentations, knowledge entries) in the OTRS System without knowing where it is stored.
- Ticket search templates can now be shared between the agents.
- The ticket collection action of OTRS 7 now supports dynamic fields.
Efficient communication with individual design
For contemporary communication between teams, departments or customers, companies need digital structures. An appealing and intuitive design also plays an increasingly important role in the business environment. According to the survey State of Create: 2016 by Adobe, 59 percent of respondents worldwide say that good design promotes their loyalty to a brand. The new functions in OTRS 7 make modern communication and good design possible:
- Corporate Design: Customers can now design their OTRS 7 customer interface using their corporate identity, thus ensuring immediate brand recognition by their end customers.
- Companies can also create their own web pages containing any content with an easy-to-use editor (individual content pages).
- Automated surveys enable companies to obtain feedback on their service from end users: This now includes response options embedded into the survey email, such as smileys or other graphics, in order to convey impressions even more precisely and improve response rates.
OTRS 7 enables transparency in the service jungle
According to IDC, data volume will increase tenfold by the year 2025. With so much information and such high data flow, solving problems can become confusing.
- The independent service catalogue with guided ticket creation helps customers of OTRS 7 find the right service for their needs. This might be ordering software or reporting a malfunction. Using a customized form when selecting a service ensures that the corresponding process is started.
- In order to take the right steps when a request is initiated, an agent must know which products or service assets his customer has or has purchased. From now on, the display of these configuration items is supported in the OTRS 7 Customer Information Center which helps the agent see everything he needs to know at a glance.
“With OTRS 7, we have succeeded in making a breakthrough,” says Christopher Kuhn, chief operations officer of OTRS AG. “For the first time, the customer interface can be tailored exactly to the corporate identity of our customer´s company. This not only ensures a more beautiful design, but also strengthens the customer relationship. We have also spent a long time developing other new features. Automation makes it much easier for customers to communicate without having to receive personalized service.”
OTRS 7 now comes in 38 languages and is available as the managed cloud solution “OTRS” as well as “OTRS On-Premise.”
OTRS 7 offers predefined service processes in accordance with ITIL ® (IT Infrastructure Library). The OTRS Software has been awarded the SERVIEW CERTIFEDTOOL seal of approval for 13 ITIL processes and is currently used by over 170,000 companies worldwide, including 40 percent of the DAX 30 companies.
More information about OTRS can be found here.
About OTRS Group
OTRS Group is the manufacturer and world’s largest service provider for the OTRS Service Management Suite, awarded the SERVIEW CERTIFIED TOOL seal of approval. It offers enterprises of all sizes flexible solutions for process and communication management, in order to save time and money. Its customers include Lufthansa, Airbus, IBM, Porsche, Siemens, Bayer Pharma AG, BSI (German Federal Office for Information Security), Max Planck Institute, Toyota, Huawei, Hapag Lloyd and Banco do Brazil (Bank of Brazil). More than 170,000 companies worldwide use OTRS, including over 40 percent of the DAX 30 companies. OTRS is available in 38 languages. The company consists of OTRS AG and its six subsidiaries OTRS Inc. (USA), OTRS S.A. de C.V. (Mexico), OTRS ASIA Pte. Ltd. (Singapore), OTRS Asia Ltd. (Hong Kong), OTRS Do Brasil Soluções Ltda. (Brazil) and OTRS Magyarország Kft. (Hungary). OTRS AG is listed on the Basic Board of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. Further information can be found at: www.otrs.com.